All natural Aquarium salt is made from evaporated sea water.
- Promotes healthy gill function.
- Helps to reduce stress.
- Reduces electrolyte loss.
- Improves the efficiency of medications.
- Reduces the harmful effects of nitrite.
- Provides essential electrolytes fish need to reach peak coloration and vitality.
Directions for Use:
- Add one rounded tablespoonful for every 5 U.S. gallons (19 L) of tank water.
- To treat goldfish bowls add ½ teaspoonful for each U. S. gallon (3.78 L).
- Aquarium Salt may be used as a short-term bath to treat external parasites (Tricodina, Ichthyobodo, or Epistylis):
- Dissolve 2 ½ cups (370 g) for every 10 U.S. gallons (40 L) of aquarium water.
- Carefully place the infested fish in the container for 5 to 10 minutes, and then put the treated fish back into the aquarium.
- The bath may be repeated in 24 hours if necessary.