You don’t need to be a plumbing expert to get started in aquaponics! We’ve assembled this aquaponics plumbing kit so you can easily connect three grow beds, a sump tank and a fish tank* to quickly create an large aquaponics system!
PLUS, we’ve also included a set of videos to help you every step of the way!
With the addition of a sump tank your fish tank will stay at a constant height AND you can start with a 1 to 1 ratio of your fish tank volume to total grow bed volume …going all the way to 1 to 3
(*The total combined water volume of the grow beds before media should be between one and three times the water volume of the fish tank)
This kit has all the plumbing parts you need to build a thriving aquaponic system out of any set of grow beds and sump and fish tanks. That could be any of the following:
- Three EasyReach Grow Beds, One 130 Gallon Sump tank, and a 200 Gallon Fish Tank
- Three IBC totes, with one cut in half for the grow beds. one cut in half for the third grow bed and the sump tank and the third serving as the fish tank.
- Any other food-safe, water tight containers your imagination can come up with!
What is included
- A PDF with links to eleven 10 – 15 minute long private videos to help guide you on everything from selecting your grow bed and fish tank to understanding how the bell siphon works! (The link to the PDF will show up on your email receipt)
- Step-by-step set of instructions to guide you. This fully illustrated manual takes you through the entire project in detail, including how to size and select grow beds and tanks, how to assemble your system, how to start it, and how to maintain it for optimal performance.
- Three bell siphons, complete with Media Guards and one even has a View Window!
- All the valves, bulkheads, t-connectors, and elbows you will need– 84 pieces in all!
We’ve done all the frustrating work so you don’t have to!
- Sourced specialty plumbing parts you would normally need to purchase in bulk or have a wholesale license to purchase
- Tracked down the best possible vendors
- We’ve built and tested this kit in our own back yard!
Optional Media Guard Lid Available
To keep the grow media and algae out of your siphon, and your grow bed looking neat and tidy.
- Getting Started with Aquaponics Kit – gives you a test kit, pH Up and Down solutions for managing your pH, a cycling kit with the instructions and materials you need to establish your nitrifying bacteria colony, and the Aquaponics Explained DVD for even more information about aquaponics! All at 20% less than if you had bought these items individually.
- Aeration – Your fish need more oxygen that this system design can give them, plus it is always good to have backup air in case your pump fails.
- Media Guard Lids – For an additional $23.95 we will include 3 Media Guard Lids to keep the grow media and algae out of your siphons, and your grow bed looking neat and tidy. Use the pull-down menu under “Choose Your Options” on the right to select.
What this kit does not include
- 1″ and 2″ PVC pipe – this can be easily and inexpensively sourced locally, and purchasing your own gives you more flexibility with the placement of your components. (As a guide, we used two 10’ lengths of 2” PVC as well as five 10’ lengths of 1” PVC in creating our test system using IBC totes.)
- Pump – the best pump size for your unique system depends in part on the placement of your components. Please see our Pumps selection to purchase.
- Grow Beds, Fish Tank and Sump Tank – You can shop for Grow Beds, Fish Tanks, and Sump Tanks on our site by clicking on the links.
- Grow Media – Click here to shop for grow media.
Wholesale Minimum Order Quantity 1