S1 = Siphon based drainage, 1-Bed
Perfect for a 1 IBC Tote System!
You don’t need to be a plumbing expert to get started in aquaponics! We’ve assembled this inexpensive aquaponics plumbing kit so you can easily connect a grow bed and a fish tank that are approximately equal in volume.
PLUS, we’ve also included a set of videos to help you every step of the way
Now add an AquaStart Medium Getting Started Kit, and save 15% on purchasing these necessary accessories separately!
This kit has all the plumbing parts you need to build a thriving aquaponic system out of any equally sized grow bed and fish tank. That could be any of the following:
- An AquaBundance EasyReach Grow Bed and an AquaBundance SpaceSaver Fish Tank
- An IBC tote cut in half
- Two 100 gallon Rubbermaid Stock Tanks
- Any other food-safe, water tight containers your imagination can come up with!
What is included
- A PDF with links to eight 10 – 15 minute long private videos to help guide you on everything from selecting your grow bed and fish tank to understanding how the bell siphon works! (The link to the PDF will show up on your email receipt)
- Step-by-step set of instructions to guide you. This fully illustrated manual takes you through the entire project in detail, including how to size and select grow beds and tanks, how to assemble your system, how to start it, and how to maintain it for optimal performance.
- Bell siphon, complete with Media Guard and View Window!
- 6 ‘ of vinyl tubing
- All the valves, bulkheads, t-connectors, and elbows you will need – 22 pieces in all!
PLUS with the DELUXE kit you also get
- Aquaponics Explained video with 3.5 hours of instruction, broken out by easy to access chapters.
- API Freshwater Master Aquarium Test Kit to monitor your pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate levels during system startup and beyond.
- pH Up and pH Down Solutions for maintaining optimal pH levels for fast cycling and for the health of your plants
- Digital Thermometer
- Cycling Kit for establishing nitrifying bacteria and getting your plants off to a great start
- Detailed instructions on how the process works and how to fully cycle your system BEFORE adding fish. This technique, referred to as “fish-less cycling” has become a favorite of aquaponic gardeners worldwide because it completely eliminates the exposure of your fish to dangerous levels of ammonia and nitrites.
- Powdered, soluble pure ammonia.No more searching for hard to find industrial products!
- Powdered, soluble seaweed (same as Maxicrop or Seasol) to give your plants a strong start
- Microbe Lift Nitrifying Bacteria to speed up cycling.
- Data Tracking Chart so you can follow your system’s progress and spot problems early.
Optional Media Guard Lid Available
To keep the grow media and algae out of your siphon, and your grow bed looking neat and tidy
Wholesale Minimum Order Quantity 1