AquaBundance Modular and Tote
Aquaponics Systems Shipping Information
There are two ways to receive your AquaBundance Modular or Tote Aquaponics Systems Shipping – arrange for your own transportation or have us arrange it for you.
Arrange your own transportation
These systems are manufactured in Colorado, and can be picked up where they are made
- The Modular systems are made in Longmont, CO at 80501. (The exception to this is the Modular Sleek System. The grow beds are manufactured in Ohio and will be shipped directly to you via Fed Ex. The rest of the system is assembled in Longmont, CO.)
- The Tote systems are made in Greeley, CO at 80634
We will notify you when your system is available and we will then arrange for a mutually convenient time for you to pick up your system.
The Aquaponic Source arranges for transportation
We are happy to arrange for LTL (Less Than full truckLoad) freight shipping for your aquaponics system. We work with a shipping broker who gives us the best rates available across over 50 U.S. shipping companies. We pass those rates directly on to you; we make no profit from shipping on any of our products.
How is shipping calculated?
Once your system has been purchased and is ready for delivery we will contact the shipping broker and obtain a quote for shipping directly to you. Please note that the following factors go into the cost of shipping your system to you.
- Distance from the manufacturer to you - obviously the further the truck needs to travel the more expensive it is for them. Sometimes Fuel Charges are assessed. Plus, your system may need to span multiple trucks and trucking companies which also drives up the cost.
- Residential vs Business address – It is generally more expensive to ship to a residence than a business. If you have the ability to ship your system to a business address, especially one with a loading dock and/or a forklift this will decrease your shipping costs. Many towns have shipping depots that serve this function as well so if you have a shipping depot in your area that you would like to use then please let us know. This could save you up to $100 in shipping costs!
Most shipping companies charge extra (typically $50 – $70) if you require that the truck has a lift-gate to lower your pallet from the truck to the ground. You can avoid this charge by shipping your system to a shipping depot or to another business address with a loading dock and/or a forklift. You can also avoid it if you have a pickup truck or something else that the truck can back up to and unload the pallet on to. And some truckers are ok with you just breaking the pallet and unloading the pieces directly off the truck – but if they aren’t and you haven’t asked for a lift-gate you run the risk of being charged quite a bit extra.
- Dimensions and weight
- Modular systems – Because of the round fish tank these systems extend beyond a standard pallet (48″ x 40″) so are therefore considered oversized. This, plus the weight of your system, impacts the cost of your shipment.
- Tote systems These systems are actually built on a standard pallet as a foundation
- Number of pallets We will do our best to fit everything on to one pallet.
- Modular systems – We can typically do this by fitting all the components into the fish tank, protecting it with packing material, strapping it to the pallet and shrink-wrapping it. Systems with three or more sump tanks, however, will need to go onto two pallets.
- Tote systems 1-Bed bed systems will ship on one pallet, 3-Bed systems will ship on two pallets
- Class – This final criterion has to do with two things. First, what is the type of product that is being shipped? This is about the fragility of the product and what kind of care it will require. Our systems are considered to be an NMSC class 156600. Second, how dense is the shipment within its class. This is a measure of pounds per cubic foot and will vary based on the shipment.
Shipping Cost Examples
- Modular system – An AquaBundance Modular Easy-Reach 5-Bed System shipped from us to a business address Sacramento, CA (approximately 1182 miles) that needs a lift-gate would cost about $580.
- Tote system – An AquaBundance Tote 1-Bed System shipped to a residence in Brandon, MS (approximately 1234 miles) is $234. The same delivery of a 3-Bed Tote system would cost $440. Note: in both of these cases $96 was charged to go from a shipping depot to the residential address.
We have a quote – now what?
Once you have paid the shipping charge we will release your system for shipping and forward the tracking information to you. If you opt not to pay for shipping and ask us to cancel your system order at that time we will credit your account less a 5% restocking fee.
Freight Shipping Policy
While we don’t expect damage to your shipment, it sometimes happens. When your shipment arrives please inspect it before signing off with the trucker. Minor dings, scratches and scuffs are not considered “damage” but rather a bi-product of the freight shipping process and can easily be buffed out. You are inspecting for cracks and breakage.
Freight damage must be documented on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery – we cannot be held responsible for damaged item claims that are not noted on the BOL. If there is damage, digital photos of the damages are highly recommended and should be sent to us within 48 hours so we can report them to the carrier. If you unwrap the shipment and find damages that were concealed at the time of delivery those also need to be documented and reported to us within 48 hours of delivery. We will work with you to repair or replace damaged items but please understand that most freight companies will only compensate on a reduced level of damages for anything not noted on the Bill of Lading.
If you reject the delivery of your AquaBundance system or return your system post delivery shipping charges cannot be refunded and a 15% restocking will be deducted from the remainder your refund.
International, Hawaii and Alaska
Unfortunately we are not able to ship aquaponics systems outside the continental 48 United States and Canada at this time.